Here are some solutions for the centuries-old problem in music industry: during performance or rehearsal, players are often forced to stop playing in order to turn printed sheet music or ask others to turn it for them. (even in the computer age!)
Finally, the BiLiPro page turner came to the rescue. It's simple (USB plug & play), effective (like PowerPoint slide), and affordable (just $49.99).
Now, you can face the music without facing the problem: play constantly, comfortably and confidently. Footime page turner is your stepping stone to peak performance.
In fact, our page turner has answered the question for today's musicians: Why waste paper and ink to print out score and then turn it by hand instead of turning it directly in a computer by foot? Result: 1 stone, 2 birds.
What's more, going digital is green (paperless), compact (weightless e-score) and efficient (organize electronically). Now, 1 stone, 5 birds!
Report from New York Times:
Page turner at work (no pause, no mess, no noise, no paper, no battery, no software, plug-n-play, can turn score/tab/lyric in PDF, PowerPoint, Word, etc, works with PC, Mac and iPad)
Tip: 3 Easy Ways to Support Laptop
1) On music stand (Use big, strong music stand & bungee cord to secure.)
2) On music rack of piano (USB extension cord may be needed.)
3) On desk top
What Musicians Are Saying
"I have wanted and dreamt of something like this for YEARS... The final glitch in the whole reading process at gigs and concerts is now solved - Thanks to my new Footime footswitch."
- Steven Boswell, classical guitarist
"It is a profoundly different experience to rehearse off the score with ease... I am truly grateful to the inventors of this marvelous device!"
- Nicholas Kitchen, violinist
"This product has made my life so much easier when I am conducting or performing. I am a Mac user and it worked as plug-n-play in my new MacBook Air. Awesome!"
- Jason Lee Bruns, studio musician
"I'm very impressed with the page turner - it does the job perfectly with zero fuss. You were right when you said it was plug and play!"
- Paul Bielatowicz, guitarist
"As a duet, I just wanted to let you know my wife and I really enjoy using the innovative Bili page turner and laptop stand. These are life savers during practice and live gigs, not to mention all the printer ink and paper we've saved! I would also like to commend Bili Inc on their excellent customer service, prompt shipping and product communications."
- Jerry & Dena, Nashville, TN
(see more testimonials below)
- Plug and play (USB Plug, no software, no battery)
- Two buttons for forward and backward page turn
- Ergonomic shape for confortable foot control
- Small LED lights under buttons help locate them in the dark
- Stable metal base
- Firm rubber pads avoid shifting on floor
- Beautiful soft-touch paint on upper case
- Compatible with Windows and Mac OS
- Laptop stand optional
- Free your hands by using your feet
- One tap, one page (like PowerPoint slide)
- Fast, silent, and more reliable than turning paper scores
- Simple and affordable (no need to buy another pricey display if you already have a laptop or desktop)
- See clean, clear, and well-lit scores on computer screen. No more curvy or wavy paper in the wind
- Helps read e-scores on dim stage or in poorly lit place with charged laptop (without lamp/light)
- Helps save, organize and e-mail tons of scores with computer (paperless)
- Helps share scores projected on wall/screen and keep everyone on the same page (in school, church, show...)
- Going digital is green: No paper, no ink
- Play without interruption. Play with confidence!
Multiple Ways to Prepare Score:
- Scan sheet music and save it in PDF format
- Download score (from the Internet) and save it in PDF format
- Enter, convert, edit or mark score with software designed for easy view and turn (example: MusicReader, now in our store: http://store.bilila.com)
- Digitize sheet music with software like PhotoScore (www.neuratron.com)
- Compose score with notation software such as Encore, Finale, Sibelius or Mozart (www.mozart.co.uk) and save it in PDF file
- Or simply "Copy" score/tab from one file and "Paste" it in MS Word, etc (see steps at the bottom of this page)
Choose the way that works best for you!
- Our page turner won't affect other input devices connected to computer at the same time.
- 200,000 times of button click guaranteed
- Cord length: 94" (use USB extension cord if necessary, available in many stores)
- Retail Packaging: 10"x7"x2" box, 1.5 Lbs
To order, go to: http://store.bilila.com
How to prepare (then play) your tab (chord) with MS Word in minutes in PowerPoint style
Microsoft Word is the most widely used program, while tab/chord is the popular "score" for guitar players. The following steps tell you how to put these two things together quickly. So you can see your tab/chord on computer screen and turn it by foot with FOOTIME page turner. It saves you time, money, and space, without the headache of learning another software. Here is how:
1) Open a new Word page.
2) Click "File" in menu bar. Then click "Page Setup".
3) If you use desktop or laptop on top of Footime stand, in "Page Setup", under "Margins" tab and "Orientation" section, click "Landscape" to get a maximum view of screen and to turn a full page with each click on pedal. (For Mac OS, reduce margins to fill page.)
4) Find the tab/chord you want online (Tip: key in "guitar tab" or "free guitar tab" in Google to search. There are many!). Highlight and copy the tab you get (right click, then click "Copy") and paste it (right click, then click "Paste") into your Word page. Most websites of tab/chord allow you to do copy and paste. If not, just type the lines, letters and numbers in Word directly. It's easy.
5) Add or edit lyrics and title for the tab/chord. (For Mac OS, change font size to maximize size in window.)
6) Number tab/chord pages
7) Click in the space between any two pages of Word to reduce the spaces into horizontal lines for better look and page turning
8) Save your tab/chord with a title in Word file
9) Play/turn tab with FOOTIME page turner:
- Open your tab on computer screen
- Click "View" from menu bar
- Click "Full Screen" to hide menu bars and icons for maximum view
- Drag the pop-up "Full Screen" on/off window to any corner of screen by clicking, holding and moving the top of the window. So the window won't block the tab/chord in the middle (For Mac OS, change "View" to "Entire Page")
- Plug FOOTIME page turner and play (into USB port)
- Simply press "Esc" key to turn off "Full Screen" mode after playing
- To share the tab/chord with a group in class, band or church, project it on a wall/screen.
Some websites have already prepared tabs/chords conveniently in MS Word format (ex. www.e-chords.com). With a few mouse clicks, the tab/chord you pick will be in your computer and ready to play!
Save trees. Free hands. Play better.
BiLiPro Page/Score Turner
$49.99, plus S&H
Scorewriter by Geniesoft
Overture by Geniesoft
Encore by GVox
Finale by MakeMusic
Sibelius by Avid
MusicReader by Leone
We have long been able to read and create music scores on a computer using notation programs, but reading them while performing is often a problem because of the need to turn the pages without taking one's hands off of the instrument. The Bili Footime Page/Score Turner is the newest solution to this problem, allowing you to turn the pages of your electronic score using a foot switch. If you have a projector, the entire class can follow the score together.
- Music Education Technology, Sept/Oct 2006
The Footime Page Turner lets you use your feet to display and turn 'electronic' scores on your PC...user can play without interruption and read from clear, well-lit pages...
- Guitar World, Holiday 2006 Issue
The Footime Page Turner is a new product from Bili Inc that seeks to eliminate the need for musicians to frequently remove their hands from their instruments to turn score pages, by allowing the musician to turn digital scores by tapping one's foot.
By connecting a USB plug to a computer, the Footime Page Turner is a simple pedal with two buttons: one for forward page turning, the other for backward turning. In addition to its benefit of freeing hands, this device also allows a group to share scores projected on wall or screen.
The addition of the Footime Page Turner to a laptop, page turner and charged laptop, allows players to see clean, clear and well-lit digital scores on a dim stage without a lamp and cable.
- American Music Teacher, Feb/March 2008
One reward for those pioneers ready to take the leap from paper to digital scores is relief from page turning. Now FOOTIME, a two-button USB foot pedal, can turn the virtual pages for you. The pedal comes with a metal base, LED lights for low-light situations and a 68-inch cable. Violinist Nicholas Kitchen of the Borromeo String Quartet says the device allows him to rehearse and perform from full scores that would have been impractical if he had to stop and turn pages.
- Strings, April 2008
With Footime page turner by Bili Inc, digital score pages are turned on a computer screen (like switching a slide show) using a foot pedal. Tapping the two buttons on the pedal turns the screen pages forward or backward, for easy page turning at rehearsal, when teaching, and during performance. The pedal has a sturdy metal base and LED lights under the two buttons for easy locating in dark. It connects to a laptop (or desktop) with a USB plug.
- International Musician, April 2008
The Footime Page Turner allows players to turn digital scores on a computer screen like switching slides in a slide show.
- Making Music, May/June 2008
Page-Turner will navigate Web pages, PDFs, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents and is perfect for turning pages hands-free while playing or conducting from a digital score.
- Music Connection, July 2008
My pedal arrived the other day. I am delighted - it is exactly what I wanted and the fact that it has the LED lighting for a low-light environment is an added bonus. EXCELLENT! Thank you for manufacturing such useful product.
- Cathie Stewart, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
The page turner works great! I use it for music at church and just step on the pedal to page through while I play my guitar. It works flawlessly. (with projector), no more music stands and endless numbers of sheets of music.
- Mark Keller, Bel Air, Maryland
This foot pedal is exactly what I've been needing now for about 3 years. I am a keyboardist in the US Army Band field and I use a laptop instead of printed sheet music. I love my laptop, but it was always a little inconvenient to turn the pages. Your pedal is the perfect design for my needs. It seems well built and durable, which is a must due to our performance environments. I am currently deployed to Afghanistan and this climate will definitely put this pedal to test. So far it seems to be doing well.
- Tim Willis, 101st Airborne Division Band
My name is Nicholas Kitchen. I have played violin professionally since I was a small child and I am now founder and first violinist of the Borromeo String Quartet and Violin and Chamber Music Faculty at the New England Conservatory of Music.
I have struggled for a long time with how to use the full score of a piece in rehearsal. It is so basically logical to work on the intricate rich music seeing all of the parts as they have been written by the composer. How could we even imagine that just seeing one line of an interwoven score makes any sense as mode of working. But alas, that is what is always the case with string quartet playing, or any other ensemble work. We read off a single line and use our ears to try to assemble the total sound. The job of turning pages of the score makes it impossible to even imagine using the score as one's basic music.
Well, that has now changed for me, thanks to Footime.
I saw some pianists use PDF scores with pedals for turning, and I searched on the Internet trying to see what they would have been using. Instead I found the Footime pedal, and I was so impressed to see the thinking behind it, and the attention to making the design as simple and attractive as possible.
I ordered it, and with a little tinkering with how to frame PDF's for optimum readability, and with a little pedal practice, I now use the Footime stand and pedal in nearly all rehearsals, which is often 4 hours every day. I am actually totally thrilled. It is a profoundly different experience to rehearse off the score with ease. Already I feel I have had countless insights which would have come much more slowly with more limited access to the score. I use a Wacom sketch tablet to make markings, so really there is nothing missing from what I would normally need from rehearsing a piece.
On December 3, 2007, I use the Footime for the first time in a public concert in NEC's Jordan Hall playing the Reger Clarinet Quintet with Richard Stotzman.
I am truly grateful to the inventors of this marvelous device!
- Nicholas Kitchen, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
(see his page turner at work on video: www.livingarchive.org)
I am a worship leader for a Christian church. Like many churches we use PowerPoint to project the words to the songs for the congregation to read. I use the computer as a monitor for myself and the worship team but, because I play an instrument, someone else must advance the next slide for me. The problem comes when that person doesn't keep up or if I want to repeat a verse of a song on the fly or go back to a chorus. They get confused, I get frustrated and the audience gets lost.
The Bili page turner is the answer. It simply gives me complete control of forward and reverse in PowerPoint on a foot switch. It's as simple as plug into the USB port on your computer and now I can lead the congregation and play my instrument without missing a beat. It has been the perfect answer for me by giving me the freedom to be spontaneous without losing the words. Thank you for creating such a useful tool for musicians.
- Wayne Brown
Worship Leader for Living Grace Community Church, Hacienda Heights, California
Feedback time for the FOOTIME page turner. Just got it today--Absolutely fabulous!!!!--I have wanted and dreamt of something like this for YEARS...I don't have to memorise all my performance pieces anymore, as I am a super fast reader. The final glitch in the whole reading process at gigs and concerts is now solved--Thanks to my new Footime footswitch. I can also easily carry my pdf and tefview repertoire of 15000 pieces--all in my new "music stand come laptop". Terrific for me professionally! Thanks a lot, to all of you at Bili Inc.
- Steve Boswell, Classical Guitarist, Vancouver, Canada
This product has made my life so much easier when I am conducting or performing. I am a Mac user and it worked as plug-n-play in my new MacBook Air. Awesome!
- Jason Lee Bruns, Studio Musician, Studio City, California
I used the USB foot switch to turn pages on our Easter musical for rehearsal and it performed flawlessly! I wish I had one of these 20 years ago. Thanks for a product that makes life easier for us musicians who use computer based scores. I find it's also great for reading Adobe documents, Mobipocket books and other large files.
- Doug Nasluchacz, Riverside, California
It's absolutely fantastic and so easy to use. I have been telling all my musician friends about it. It is definitely the hardware of the future.
- Ron Borelli, San Francisco, California
The page turner is working great for me. I play guitar for a large church and this enables me to easily turn pages without having to stop playing. I use a Mac Book Pro. I scan the music into PDF and use Adobe Acrobat to display the files in full-page format.
- Bill Faulkner, Chattanooga, Tennessee
I'm visually impaired, and had been printing out huge text that I could see while playing piano in church. I used 68 pt font, and could barely fit one song verse on an 8.5x11 paper. But now, thanks to a computer, a huge monitor, and my Footime page turner, I no longer have to use up all that printer ink, and I don't have to turn pages! I type my songs in Microsoft Word, with the page in landscape format. Since I write music with Sibelius notation software, and can format huge music in landscape, I convert the Sibelius file to a graphic and import it to the Word file. I end up with text and music on a 21" monitor (which I have mounted on a swivel arm to my Clavinova) as big as I please. Thanks to the Footime, my fingers never have to leave the piano keys.
The Footime is very reliable; it works every time. The buttons are easy to feel through shoes, and the unit stays where I put it...
This product is well-worth the $60 bucks! (now $49.99) It simply does one thing, and does it reliably. Don't hesitate, just buy it!
- Joseph DeRosa, Sparks, Nevada
I just want to send you an e-mail to say thanks for such a fast delivery and wonderful product. I'm very impressed with the page turner - it does the job perfectly with zero fuss. You were right when you said it was plug and play!
- Paul Bielatowicz, UK guitarist of The Carl Palmer Band and Neal Morse's band (from Spock's Beard) www.paulbielatowicz.com
Using the Footime with my laptop laying on its side has made my life so much easier. I've got so many fake books, songbooks, and sheet music floating around that it became impossible to have any kind of order, and it was impossible to have all the music with you on a gig with loose leaf folders of music. With the Footime I have a lot of fake books and lead sheets ready to go in an instant.
I use my right foot to operate the foot switches for my arranger keyboard and my left foot to turn pages using Footime. This works so slick.
When I perform in duo and trio pick up bands, the other players are able to stand next to me and read off of my laptop also making this so convenient for situations like this.
It is so easy and convenient to use the Footime. I would highly recommend this great product and the customer service to anyone.
- Scott Langholff, Pensacola, Florida
Copyright ©2011, Bili, All rights reserved